For your home and office...

During our survey, we would be happy to review your fuseboard and any electrical installation you are concerned about an give our expert advice. If you have a question on changing to LED or what will or won’t work in your home, then you only have to ask.  We want to ensure your home is safe, your business is safe and you can rest easy.

Looking to make your home or business more energy efficient. We can also help advise on the best methods

Wherever we can we give you a fixed quotation for works, so there are no hidden extras for work. We are also happy to carry out extra works while on site, which we can either quote for or carry out on day-work rates.

On completion of works we will provide you with all necessary certificates, including Part P where required.

Over the last 30 years we have also built up a list of trusted partners who can help you with everything you may need at home or at work including plumbing, carpentry, flooring, kitchen fitting, bathroom fitting, tiling, handyman services, roofing, plastering, construction and building work.

We can install new points throughout your home and work, whatever your requirements.

  • New sockets to give you additional power - why not upgrade to USB twin sockets, so all your charging needs are taken care of without taking up a plug socket.
  • Sockets and spurs for kitchen appliances with full certification and testing
  • Shaver sockets and power for the bathroom
  • Aerial, data and BT sockets

When installing new points in your home, there are certain areas that require a us to test and issue a Part P Certificate, which is automatically notified to your local Building Control department. We are fully accredited through ELECSA to provide these certificates and there is no extra charge for this service. 

Part P certificates cannot be issued retrospectively so employing an approved Electrician who can certificate their work is a priority. When should a Part P be issued? Make sure you always get the certificate in these circumstances; altering / modifying an existing circuit, installing a new circuit, changing a fuseboard, additional works in special location (Bathrooms, Shower Rooms, Swimming pools and Sauna heaters). 

Is your fuseboard over 15 years old or include rewireable fuses? Installing a new fuseboard makes your home safer, protecting against the risk of electric shock and electrical fires. Fuseboards control all the circuits within the home and we only install boards with full RCD protection, which means the power will automatically shut off when a fault is detected. A fuseboard installation takes from 5, depending on complexity, we provide all materials necessary and includes a full test of your property (the power does need to be turned off during the installation).

Once our installation is completed you will get full test certificate and Part P Certificate required by Building Regulations.


We can fit new lighting and switches throughout your property. Including outdoor floodlighting and decorative. We are happy to provide all materials or likewise fit your own light fittings (although we cannot give warranty for these).


LED lighting has a much lower energy consumption than standard lamps, meaning a saving on electricity, along with a longer life. LEDs can be installed inside and out, as downlights, strip lighting, floodlights, under unit lights and more. Existing fittings can normally be retrofitted, which means lamps can be swapped out for LED.

Not all LEDs are the same, so here are a few pointers:

  • Get a branded product, one your recognise or your electrician suggests.
  • Look for LEDs with fins down the sides, this allows for better air circulation and means they will last longer.
  • Existing dimmers may not work with new LEDs due to sensitivity.

We use ACIO Lithium detectors which have a 10 year life span, which falls in line with the 10 year replacement requirement on all detectors. On each detector there is a date stamp denoting when they should be changed and we recommend you make note of this and check regularly. 

These are many types of Fire alarm detectors battery operated, hard wired battery operated which can be standalone / radio or hard wired linked, most detectors have batteries which can be the normal alkaline which have to be replaced regularly or Lithium the latter being non-replaceable, as they last the life of the detector.

Fitment of a CO detectors is now becoming the norm, these detectors  can detect the harmful gasses which cannot be smelt and warn you when they are detected. These detectors can be standalone or added to your existing alarm system, normally positioned in areas most likely were these gases would be detected, near Gas hobs, Gas Boilers and Open fires. NOTE: Installation of CO detectors on rented properties become a requirement in October 2015 - make sure you are protected, see our

If you supply any portable electrical items as part of the rental agreement then these items must be PAT tested, each item should be regularly checked and tested for damage and safety.

SAFETY FIRST: We often visit properties and find the smoke detector have been tucked away in the corner of a room, ALL detectors should be fitting in a prominent position and at least 500mm from any wall.

Electrical Safety First has found that Landlords are exposing themselves to significant financial risks, from fines and invalidated insurance, through not acting on their electrical safety obligations.

If your rented property is a House for Multiple Occupation (HMO) then a periodic inspection must be carried out every five years.

These are the recommendation from Electrical Safety First...

  • A visual inspection of the property should always be conducted between tenancies
  • Make sure that your property has adequate RCD protection, this gives protection against electric shock and fire
  • Always use a registered electrician for any work on your property
  • Carrying out regular safety checks on the electrical appliances provided within your rental agreement

You can read more guidance on electrical safety for landlords in the 'Landlords Guide to electrical safety', from Electrical Safety First.

If your property is not an HMO, you are not legally obliged to have a periodic inspection, however we would still recommend you carry out regular safety checks and testing. Safety check on fire alarms and emergency lighting if installed should be checked every 6 months.

Flood lighting

Flood lighting is mainly use for security lighting which can be fixed to your house or positioned around your Garden, these lights can be switch various ways, from the house / remote switching / Photo cells or PIR detectors, they could also be linked to a burglar alarm system.

Garden Lighting

If you have Garden feature or walkways you may like to light up, there are various ways to do this, either with pathway bollards / lights in trees / spike lights in the bushes or flower beds, you also could have buried path lights to show the way to your Outhouse / Garden sheds etc. Your lighting could be controlled by automatic switching, fixed switches from many positions and even from a Smartphone App.

For safety, all our outdoor electrical installations are protected by dedicated RCDs, this also helps reduce damage to any outdoor tools (such as lawn mowers)

All points outside the Zone of the House must be protected by a Residual Current Device (RCD) therefore any Lighting and Power points in Garden protected from electrical faulty but also from mechanical damage.

Most people are unaware the IEE Regulations recommend that domestic properties should have the electrical installation tested, with a report on, at least every 10 years. We can carry out a Test and Inspection for you, provide you with a full investigation report and list of recommendations to make your home even safer. We can also carry out commercial testing, to protect your employees and visitors.   

A typical Test and Inspection takes 5 hours.

Also, when any type of work is being carried modifying or add new circuits, a Minor Works on Completion Certificate must be issued at the time of the work was carried out, along with a Part P Certificate. Neither one of these certificates are available retrospectively, so it is important to ensure your electrician is accredited and skilled to test and certify.

Are you a Landlord? You are under stricter obligations, by law, to test your properties.


Get in touch

Contact us for your free, no obligation, quotation for your next electrical project